TEACH KIDS TO CODE!
TEACH KIDS TO CODE! (Part-time)
Coding with Kids is inspiring the next generation of coders through computer programming education for grades K-12. We are seeking instructors to teach our after-school classes throughout the Austin area. If you love kids, are excited about teaching and coding, and want to impact the community, you will love being a part of our growing team!
What you’ll do:
– Manage and instruct students at local elementary and middle schools
– Maintain progress notes on your classes and students
– Create a friendly and supportive class environment to support learning and creativity
– Assess your students’ skill levels and instruct accordingly
– Transport equipment, as needed (not all instructors)
Who we are looking for:
A candidate with
– Experience leading groups of kids (calling all teachers, babysitters, camp counselors, etc.)!
– The ability to teach and motivate students of various ages
– A high degree of comfort with computers and has basic coding skills
– A sense of humor who adapts well to changing environments
– Access to reliable transportation and is willing to travel to different locations
– The capacity to teach a minimum of two days a week and can commit to teaching for the next 6-10 weeks
– Hourly rate + paid training + bonus opportunities
– Two to three hours per day, between 2:00pm-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
– Instructors have the opportunity for increased hours by teaching online classes from the comfort of their own home