25 Benefits of Coding Classes for Kids
If you have children, it is more than likely that they have participated in coding at some point in school. Coding events have become quite popular in many schools all across America. However, you may be wondering why there is much being invested in exposing kids to code. Here are some of the benefits you should know about:
1. Bill Gates learned to code at an early age. He is also set to become the world’s first person worth over a trillion dollars. An achievement would not have been possible without coding skills.
2. Young minds have an easy time picking up coding language. It is a language just like any other and young, and fresh minds have an easy time understanding it than people who are 20 years or more.
3. Coding gives them a competitive advantage when applying for college. With coding skills, they will have an advantage when seeking to join a top tier college.
4. Coding helps to improve kids’ critical thinking ability. Even if they do not take it up as their career, it helps to exercise the part of the brain responsible for critical thinking.
5. Coding teaches kids the benefits of working in groups. Sometimes, they will have to team up to find solutions to simple coding problems.
6. It teaches them the benefits of being persistent. With coding, your skills can only get better with hours of coding.
7. Kids who learn code are able to understand that it is important to avoid mistakes. They learn this when they go over their code to identify bugs that prevent the program from working.
8. Coding helps young kids to develop their analytical skills. They have to go over the code that they create to identify any mistake they make.
9. Coding teaches kids the value of asking for help. As a coder, they will have to consult their friends numerous times to find out what they are doing wrong.
10. Another benefit is that kids will learn how to teach themselves. Most of the time, you will have to read books and online blogs to hone the skills taught in class.
11. Coding teaches kids the benefit of breaking down problems. Coding is all about solving difficult program with a series of small solutions.
12. It helps kids expand their brains creative muscle. Coding is all about coming up with unique solutions to existing problems.
13. Coding can help children to bring about the change they want in the world. Through the creation of complex programs in future, they can make a positive impact on the world.
14. Coding can only be compared to literacy in the modern world. No matter what industry they choose to join in future, they will have to use computers.
15. By learning to code, kids learn how to focus on one issue. Today, there are many distractions in the world. A kid needs to learn the skills on how to stay focused early on in life.
16. The influence of technology on the world is growing. Today, almost everything relies on a program to work; you have an advantage if you know how it works.
17. By learning codes, kids can learn how to express themselves. Self-expression is a skill that is not taught in any course. However, it is an important skill if you want to succeed in life.
18. Coding is fun. Sometimes, kids just want to have fun. It is a way for them to be happy, which is important for their general health.
19. They could land a high paying job is the future. STEM jobs in the area of programming are among the most financially rewarding jobs in the world.
20. It gives them a sense of achievement. While your kids may not be good at sports, coding will help them to achieve something with their fingers, improving their self-esteem.
21. It gives them access to the tools that can change the world. Today, we are leaving in a world where technology has advanced so much that it can have a huge impact. Kids can model a better world by learning how to code.
22. Coding teaches kids how to be careful. With code, if you make just one mistake, you will have to go over everything and find out what you did wrong.
23. It could help them become financially independent early on. If they latch on to it, they may never have to finish college, just like Steve Jobs.
24. By teaching children code, you could be helping the economy. It is estimated that the technology industry will have a shortage of over 30% of all the jobs created. If you teach kids to code, it could reduce the need to hire foreign workers to fill in the gap. Thus, it could help to keep money within the country.
25. It helps to avoid kids wandering into the wrong part of the internet. The internet is a dangerous place for kids who have nothing to do. However, if they are doing something constructive, it may help them stay away from these areas of the internet.